Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
VERY WORRIED!! Husband is bleeding from ear and mouth after head injury...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

VERY WORRIED!! Husband is bleeding from ear and mouth after head injury

I am very worried about my husband.He fell and hit his head on a concrete tile floor about a week ago and is refusing to go to the doctor.He hit his head on the left side, middle and back around the ear, and saw stars/flashes when he hit. When he came home, he told me about it, said he had a headache, and went to sleep on the couch on his right side. About 10 minutes later, I walked over to check on him and was horrified to see that he bled from his left ear all over his shirt. I'd say he lost a little more than a 1/4 cup. It was very dark blood too. I begged him to go to the ER, but he refused, thinking that he might have a concussion, but that it would get better. Since then, he has been coughing up blood, three times I know of, and there is still blood coming from his ear. Not as much as the first time, but I know something is not right. He has been having headaches that make his head feel like it's going to explode, and visible muscle contractions in his left arm.He has pressure in the left side of his head, has been drooling, and has had some memory loss and confusion.Along with the blood coming from his left ear, he also has some clear discharge.Also, he has ringing in the left ear, his balance is somewhat off, and his feet are peiodically numb when he sits down. To beat all, he sweats a lot and has vivid dreams at night. I have begged and pleaded with him to go to the doctor, and he agreed to go to the ER Tuesday with me while our 4 year old autistic daughter is at preschool. I'm at my wits end with this situation. He should've gone to the doctor the night it happened, but is very headstrong, and won't listen to me. I thought that if I could get some insight from a doctor or someone else about what could be wrong, it would change his mind about going to the ER sooner than Tuesday. I've done some research on head trauma and bleeding from the ears and mouth, and everything I've read has said to go to a doctor. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would give me some info ASAP so he can see for himself that this is not going to just go away We have our hands full taking care of our daughter, and if something were to happen to him I don't know what I would do.I'm just very worried that he could have some permanent damage and the longer he waits to be checked out, the worse it will get.I would love to take him tomorrow and I think he would go if someone explained the what if's of his situation. He's only 28, and has his whole life ahead of himself and I don't want that to change. PLEASE HELP!!
go to hospital immediately sounds serious
People go to doctor nowadays even after a mild concussion.  This is serious.  Go to the ER right NOW.  Call the 911 ambulance if he refuses.
You need to go to the hospital immediately. If the situation is as stated, there is a life-threatening emergency. His life depends upon getting to an emergency room.  The sitruation warrants calling the police and an ambulance and requesting his admission as an EDP (emotionally disturbed person). You cannot be sure he is rational. A head injury of this nature often causes disturbances in the thought process.
Could be brain bleeding going on, you need to get him in NOW, *** what he says and get him in, could be life and death