What does a physiatrist do & what kind of tests would he perfom
What does a physiatrist specialize in, What does he do? What kind of tests would I expect him to perform? Is there anyway I should prepare myself?
Physiatrist is a big word for Rehab Physical Therapy Doctor. So relax : ) it just sounds unnecessarily scary.

http://www.physiatry.org/Field_Introduction.cfm#specialty  Medical Doctor with 4 years of extra training on how the mechanics of the body works and how to restore bodies to better conditions.

This person specializes in getting our messed up bodies back into shape.  He or she does and reads nerve and muscle diagnostic tests, measures physical ability, plans therapies tailored to your needs and goals.

When someone has a simple injury a regular doctor may prescribe physical therapy or occupational therapy (fine motor skills like hands) but if you have had substantial damage or extra complications, you may be referred for diagnosis or actual treatment plans.

Prepare to have some diagnostic procedures that could stretch your limits a bit, but it is all for the good of getting yourself back together.  Ask about each of the tests so you can mentally prepare before they are performed.

PREPARE?  Get in the mindset that you are in the rehab stage and going to get to the best shape you can.  This is the first step.  
Thanks Lucidus, appreciate the comments, encouragement, & information. We should take the time not only to help but to appreciate the time and care of others.

Daniel
Good luck Daniel.

It is so easy to get stuck in the symptoms, some of which we cannot do anything about and some that we can.  It sounds like you are getting hooked up to the best way to get better.

Please share your successes too : )