What does mass effect mean
If someone has a right sided cerebellar hemorrhage without evidence of mass effect written on the report. What does mass effect mean??
Sorry to hear you had a hemorrhage. This means there was no effect of the  larger mass of your brain, so it sounds like in other words the hemorrhage spared other parts of your brain, and only your your right cerebral hemisphere was effected.  They just write things in such a complex manner that sometimes it looks like they say you have something, but it was read out of context, you have to put in in the whole statement " without evidence of mass effect" without is the key word here. glad I could try and help you understand this, it was something that confused me when I first looked at my own reports. Good luck to you and thanks for posting!
Thanks for clearing that up for me!!  It's actually not me who had the bleed but a close family member and I was trying to get a better understanding of the report.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
No mass effect means there was no tumor or swelling or hematoma—or in other words noting that will appear as a mass in the brain is seen. Take care!