baby bumped head
Hi, I have some concerns about my baby's two head bumps. They happened two months ago, when my baby was 10 months old. The first one, the baby was standing in his cot but lost his banlance, and smashed the top of his head hard against the cot end. What worries me the most is that he remained there unmoved for a few seconds. Then he sat up by himself, and behaved normal. We did rush him to the ER, the doctor did a physical check and said he is fine. Then, only two days later, the baby bumped the same area of his head again against the wall while crawling. It seems to be a minor one and he behaved normal afterwards. But considering he had a bad one only two days before, I cannot stop worrying this one may have some add up effects. I have read a second concussion is much more dangerous, may result in permanent brain damage. Since I suspect a mild concussion for the first one, I am scared by the thinking that this one might result in permanent brain damage.

It has been two months. The baby seems fine. But I still kept thinking about the two head bumps. In summary, I am thinking about three things

1) Would the second head bump, which happened two days after, gave some add up effects to the first one?

2) The baby had an ear infection about 10 days after he bumped his head. Would them be related?

3) It has been two months. The baby behaves and develops all normal. Do you think I can be rest reassured now that his brain was not damaged?

Thank you
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If after two months the baby is behaving normally, is reaching all developmental milestones, then there is no cause of worry. Thought the head injury and ear infection may not be related, it is important to rule out complete clearance of infection. Ear infection can travel to brain if not treated properly.
I would not be too worried, but yes, inform his pediatrician. Get the bump examined. In all probability, it is superficial. Take care!