cardiac arrest survival
My daughter was taken a week ago to the operating room for a procedure and in the middle of it she went to cardiac arrest.They told me it took 15-20 minutes to bring her back. she rarely opens her eyes and when she is awake she seems upset and some times cries. she has had respiratory problems. Would you please tell me what signs are good to watch for or be alarmed about. Thanks,
Hi!
Revival after 15-20 minutes can cause a lot of brain and heart damage. If your daughter has respiratory problems then this alone can cause low oxygen to brain. I am sorry but your daughter could go either ways—recover with better speech and body coordination, and less irritability or become more irritable, and slowly develop fits or twitches or may go into coma. Do discuss this with your daughter's doctor for a clear picture. Take care!