csf leakage
my dad had a motor vehicle accident, so he had head injury. so the doctor had done craniotomy and dura repair because there is celebralspino fluid leakage. then there still celebralspino fluid leaked at the ear. i just want to know how does the cerebrospinal fluids leaked at head?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
CSF leaks occur when there is break in the protective layers around the brain. The CSF can leak into ear and nose too. It happens after brain injury, brain surgeries, spinal taps, or due to epidural anesthesia. Take care!
Hi...there r ways to help a small CSF leak heal naturally...bed rest, lying flat is best for 4 to 5 days, drink plenty of water, keeping hydrated....and drinking some caffeinated products can help as well....
If after 4 to 5  days the  leaks does not close, the dr may try a blood patch where they inject the patients own blood close to where they believe the leak is...the blood clots and seals the leak.They may repeat the process a few times.

And last, if this does not help or if the leak is too large for a patch, a surgical repair is the last resort.....

I pray ur DF heals quickly

"selma"