depression and concussion
My 16 year old daughter was playing basketball in P.E. 2 months ago.  A male student lobbed the ball from half court, it missed the basket and came directly down on her head.  She complained about her neck and said she had had a headache all day.   I failed to think about the possibility of a concussion and focused on treatment for her neck.  That weekend she noticed memory problems and depression. Again, I didn't think about the ball hitting her on top of her head and focused on seeing specialists regarding depression.  I just heard about concussion causing depressed.  Do you think it could be possible that my daughter has depression as a result of a concussion?  And can any tests identify that she had a concussion 2 months after the injury?  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Well, concussion can cause memory problems, depression, loss of smell, taste and a variety of other symptoms. It can be diagnosed now also. Usually a MRI or CT scan of the brain is done. However, before that a complete neurological examination will be performed by a neurologist.
Please consult a specialist. Nothing much can be done if it is concussion except psychological support, memory games etc, exercising, eating healthy, and remaining cheerful. Normally, concussion heals on its own. Take care!