Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
do i have a concussion? or a weed hangover

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

on tuesday, i smoked weed with my friend for the first time. after that, we went riding bmx. i was very high. i remember falling on a simple trick but i dont remember hitting my head that hard. i smoked 2 days later (thursday) with another friend. didnt get that high. on friday, i smoked with the kid i smoked with my first time. before i went smoking on friday, i felt really weird. like i found myself saying things without even thinking about it. it was like my body was running itself and i was in my own body. on saturday, i woke up and i felt ok. about an hour later, i felt the way i did before i smoked on friday. it was very scary. i didnt get any headaches or blurred vision. my vision was actually very good, like everything was in high deffinition. i look at things differently, its pretty weird. its hard to read things on the computer and stuff and my body feels a little numb in certain spots. some people said it is because i have a low tolerence for THC and my body is getting used to dealing with it. i am just really nervous because i dont want to have perminent brain damage if this is a concussion, and i have never had a concussion in my life. someone please help me, im really nervous about this :/
MJ comes in many different strengths.
It sounds like you experienced that fact. People experience the mind expansion of MJ in as many or more different ways.
Because of the "Black Market" aspect of aquiring it, it is a crap shoot as to what you will get. Please be sure to blame this sad state of affairs on the federal government, for using it as a scapegoat.
Because of this sad state of affairs, there is nothing on the package that says "Do not operate  moving vehicles, until you know how this drug affects you".
And your irresponsible friend let you drive a dirt bike (which are legal, but should have packaging that labels an ATV/etc  as "A PROBABLE source of head injury... period... case closed.). Were you wearing a helmet????
I have never know  unadulterated MJ to keep you from feeling that you have been injured. I have never know it to come back the next day, for a rerun. (I am sure we all wish it would- less of an expense.)
It is quite possible you injured yourself bmx'ing.
It is also quite possible your irresponsible friend has you smoking much more than MJ. What you smoked could have been laced with other things like PCP, or Ecstacy, or Crack. He may or may not be aware of this.
If it is "Laced" MJ, the thing you are feeling will wear off in a day or two. If you have injured your brain, you would feel things like a really bad headache, nausea, changes in your senses of smell or sound, vision changes etc. Your pupils might be different.
If you are that worried, go to the ER, and fess up.
If a particular part of your body is numb, you may have hurt the nerve above that part ex numb foot- nerve damage in leg.
PS
On a personal note, Have you seen the movie "PULP FICTION"?
If not, watch it, if you have seen it, watch it again from the viewpoint of "This is reality".
Because it is reality... I have lived much of it.
I want you to remember the scene where they are discussing how, exactly, to penetrate the sternum with a large needle. "A stabbing motion"... While she is dying of an overdose.
If you keep experimenting with drugs, WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW, AND OR TRUST, you will find yourself being penetrated in that, and O so many more ways.
Interestingly enough, I trust drug dealers to tell me the truth more than I do MD's.
At least I know who's "self", is being served with the drug dealer. The medical profession has been invaded by MONEY MONGERS. They just want to look like good guys while they have their hands in your pocket.
I worked in the medical field (including Yale) for 15+ years. I'd still sooner trust a drug dealer.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Whether, you have head injury or not, it is never too wise to smoke weed or marijuana. Since it crosses blood brain barrier it can result in impaired perceptions and coordination, difficulty in thinking, learning, concentrating and problem solving, and memory will become poor. In a setting of head injury, this can result in confusion regarding whether the symptoms if they appear are due to injury, or due to weed. Hence it is advisable not to smoke weed. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!