Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
drug induced headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

drug induced headache

a girl i know as she tells me had a sever reaction to smoking meth for the first time about a year ago, two points above both eyes as well as isolated to the just above the right eye and progressing to a certain point in the back of her head. Initial episode not a throbbing pain but sharp and constant at times   included vomiting last 12 hours left in bed for a day. I met her a few months ago great cognition no issues besides the normal insecurity of a 22 year old 4th year grad student. She took around .2 to .4 grams of molly or "supposedly pure MDMA  last night at a party. BY 6 am we were in bed her in agony explaining to me about how she smoked meth once and what i said in the latter.I give her normal dose of tylenol express relief no help. squirming until she fell asleep.  she tells me its the same spot as the first one and all day today said it felt weird like she could still feel the spot. We smoked a larger session than normal as we are medical marijuana patients and she went from emptiness to being functional again. We ate pizza she had water then later  we were in bed and i started playing with her all was normal up to this point she was stressed as i tickled her she was laughing this means in my mind her serotonin production is being activated the same neurological system MDMA effects maybe over production idk not an MD she immediately after has returning symptoms as bad these last to only nausea no vomiting fever last night PLEASE HELP SHE WILL NOT LET ME TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR!!!
I would take her to the hospital. headaches are not something to mess around with. the pain part and the location, she should really see a nero. I get headaches like that but I'm but mine are due to a over load of stress, among other things, but she really needs to get to a doctor.
Thanks for your time it means a lot. I feel the same I may have to be more stern, lack of insurance and im sure a fear of admitting use due to her lack of understanding about patient client confidentiality keeps her out of the car i am almost mad. I laid in bed all night with her checking her pulse making sure she was breathing temperature pupil response im just afraid and i Love her very much.
just curious what have you found to ease your pain besides fighting your way to sleep? She has so much stress on her as well I need peace of mind
sorry that it took me so long to get back, I had to see my nero. my doctors at home because in missouri you can not smoke weed to help with pain. they give me sleeping pills. over the counter meds do not work for me. but they give me phenergan, and I can take it in high doses, to put me to sleep. its a anti nausea pill. they use it when they give you shots to keep you from throwing up. Do not ever turn away from a hosptial because of no insurance. most hosptials have a program that helps, ours has a discount program that goes off of what you make. my husband and I at one time was bringing home 3 grand a week. now since I got sick and he had to switch jobs, he barley makes 400 a month. Tell her that it wont get any better unless she gets help. and as far as the drug use. I understand. I was labeled a drug user by a doctor who didn't care about what he was doing and thought that he was GOD. thankfully I was seeing another doctor on the side, and was able to get everything documented, if you want I can try and talk to her. and tell her that I am NOT a person to judge. I just try to help people out when I can. so many have helped me out over the years. maybe by talking with her, I can offer her some more ideas.   I FORGOT SOMETHING... MY HUSBAND JUST REMINDED ME, he said that when I get really bad at night, he puts a rice bag well in our case a sock filled with rice (we're broke) sticks it in the micro, for 5-10 mins, and lays that on my face right above my eyes. I will send you a message in your inbox with my e-mail on it. she's a lucky girl not many good guys left, I'm just glad that I snaged mine when I had the chance.