Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
head injury at rugby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

head injury at rugby

hi
played a game of rugby on friday and got tackled and hit my head on the ground, got straight back up again and carried on playing, went to the minor injuries unit at my local hospital and the carried out checks such as vision and blood pressure and said i seem to well to have a serious head injury, but the whole of the top of my head is sore, should i go back to the drs
Hi!
Soreness of the head could be due to muscle and soft tissue injury.  I assume there is a typo error and your doctors did not seem to think you had a serious head injury. In case, it’s not a typo error, please go back to the doctor immediately.
Otherwise, if you develop nausea, vomiting, excess sleep, severe headache, difficulty in walking and balance, tremors, seizures, vision problems, ringing in ears etc then consult a doctor immediately. These symptoms develop if there is a brain injury or bleed. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.