Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
head pain - skull plate join pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

head pain - skull plate join pain

I suffer cluster headaches but in the last few years I have found the pain around what I think is joint of the right frontal and parietal bones. When I have a headache that area becomes extra sensitive and painfully. I have tried to research but while I have discovered how the plates mesh together I find nothing regarding pain. Question- what could be causing this pain? Are there any treatments?
Hi!
The area where frontal and parietal bones meet is the temple area. If the area is painful to touch, then blood pressure, loud sounds, migraine and simple headache are unlikely to be the cause of pain. Tension headache is a possibility but again less likely. Temporal arteritis, internal ear infection, TMJ and tooth decay can all be the cause of pain. In temporal arteritis there is inflammation of the blood vessel at the temple. Internal ear infection, fluid in ear (went in during swimming or during a shower bath or due to infection), or impacted wax can be a problem. In infection of tooth, exposed nerve endings of tooth can be a problem. In TMJ, the pain will be aggravated on opening the mouth and on chewing. Infection in the eye, glaucoma, near and far sightedness and sinusitis are the other causes. It is difficult to diagnose the cause without examination. You will have to consult your PCP and need a referral to an ENT, eye specialist and a dentist. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.