head trauma and smoking weed
i recently had a head injury which caused bleeding in my brain and i needed surgury to remove it. i was wondering if after this would smoking marijuana be ok. they said now there is a risk for seizures for the next two weeks and a much lower chance for the following four weeks. i have read about epilepsy and that in some cases marijuana helps controll seizures and havent been able to find anything negative about it. now im using a vapourizer so theres much less smoke and toxic effects from it. is it ok? should i wait untill after the first two weeks? or just hold off for the next four aswell?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Whether you have head injury or not, it is never too wise to smoke weed. Since it crosses blood brain barrier it can result in impaired perceptions and coordination, difficulty in thinking, concentrating and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. In a setting of head injury and subsequent surgery, this can result in confusion regarding whether the symptoms if they appear are due to injury, surgery or due to weed. Hence it is advisable not to smoke weed. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Do talk to your treating doctor regarding this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!