Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
help! I'm sleeping alot, is it because i hit my head?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Does a head concussion cause a person to sleep a lot? I got into an accident and hit my head 2 months ago, last week i fell down the stairs and hit my head on the wall, now I'm sleeping a lot, what does that mean?
Yes.  Concussion can cause anything and everything.  Probably your brain wants to heal and listen to it.  Most importantly go get checked out by a Neurologist or concussion specialist.

I slipped in the bath and hit my head, knocked myself out for about a minute. didnt go to hospital that night but did the next day as i felt dizzy, had a headache, earache, neckache.. all tests came back ok apart from bruising on my brain, and confussion (cant remember the whole day the accident happend and keep forgetting little things like if ive eaten and what i had,)NOW i fall in and out of sleep very easily and sleep for up to an hour at a time.. this is happening about 6times aday and then i sleep all night with out any problems. my boyfriend also said its hard to wake me up once fallen asleep. is this normal and when will i be able to stay awake for a whole day!?