help
My husband had a subdural hematoma on his left frontal lobe. It was about 2 1/2 inches. The surgery was about two years ago and about a year ago he started having this feeling of pressure in his head. He describes it as a nawing in his head and it spreads to his neck. He feels like he is walking on sand and he gets numbness throughout his body. The nerologist and nerosurgen that we saw cant explain it and have told him he is going to have to live with this feeling. Has this happened to anyone else and did they find a cure for it?
Hi!
It is difficult to say whether the feeling your husband is experiencing is due to brain injury or not. One possibility is brain injury. The other is a compression of spinal nerves in the upper neck region. Both these conditions can be diagnosed by a MRI of the brain and upper spinal cord (cervical). Other than this the feeling can be due to low vitamin B12, peripheral neuropathies of hypothyroidism, diabetes, Lyme’s and lupus.
Since I cannot examine your husband and know other related conditions he may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your neurologist directly or your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Thank you I will get him back to the neurologist.