how long does swelling last?
three weeks ago I fell and hit my forehead on concrete. I went to the ER, where they did at CT scan and thankfully did not find any intracranial bleeding, and sent me 0n my way.  I had a very large knot on my forehead, which started swelling immediately upon impact.  I eventually developed two black eyes, bruising of my forehead and bridge of my nose, and swelling of my forehead, eyes, and right side of face half way down cheek.  This has all remitted now, but I still have a hard swollen knot on my forehead, tender to the touch at times, and very occasional sharp shooting pain in my eye.  Should I be concerned about this?
Hi!
Well, you have faced the worse part of the injury. The knot could be a collection of blood due to the impact of injury. If the swelling is still tender and causing eye pain, get this examined once. At times the doctor needs to feel around and if safe pull out the blood from the swelling. This eases out the pressure symptoms. Also, at time, there is infection which causes pain and tenderness. Take care!