Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
i HIT MY HEAD 4 MONTHS AGO IT STILL HURTS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

ok im 16, i fell off the back of my bed and slammed my head on the floor really hard. I didnt black out or anything. But ive had severe pain. It didnt really bother me for a couple months.. until now. Ive been dancing and stuff, i guess it stirred it up. The ER told me it was a concussion. I went back a couple weeks ago, and they said it was a mild head injury.. and they did a cat scan and said everything looks fine. Well. No neruologist is taking our insurance. But, ok my ears feel weird. And i saw blood in my ears [the ER claims i went in too far when i cleaned them] And i have no memory lost.. no other symptoms. Just that i hear cracking INSIDE MY HEAD. no my neck. MY HEAD. i hit the back of my head.. and like.. i have pains in the sides of my head, and my forehead. Sometimes it hurts like its tender i cant touch it. And like the pain shoots down my neck and upper back sometimes. But sometimes its bad. Like right now.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

How are you? It is good that the CT scan was normal. Concussions may present with headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, memory loss, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision and sensitivity to light, difficulty in concentrating or with balance. For complex concussion,  symptoms may last longer than 7-10 days. Try to rest and to avoid any physical activities.  Acetaminophen or other aspirin-free medications may help with the headaches. If it persists or other symptoms arise, have this evaluated further by a neurologist for proper management.

Take care and do keep us posted.