need help despreatly
my grandaughter was born nov 14 08 it was a hard delivery she was born wiyh a huge knot on her head and her cord was wraped around her neck twice busting all the blood vessals in her ete and face the doctor told me that the knot wouild go down but as the knot went down her head started to get bigger we kept asking her doctor about it and he finally sent us to a neurologist they did surgary and said it was blood on the brain then they said we did it and they called it shakin baby syndrome they ranother tests for that and they were negitive can somone please tell if somthing else could have caused this and what could it be i know this baby has never sufferd any abuse could this be a disoder we are overlooking

How is your granddaughter? In order to make a definite diagnosis, the results of the tests and a complete physical and neurological examination need to be done. Shaken baby syndrome can be caused by direct blows to the head, dropping or throwing a child, or shaking a child. If there is no history of this, have another specialist's opinion on this matter to ease your worries. It will also help if you talk to your granddaughter's pediatrician when she was born to clear what physical findings were observed that may have brought about the increased size of the head. Take care and keep us posted.