painful scalp
I've been trying to figure out why my scalp is so sore and very tender I don't have a headache. the back of my head is not as sore as the top, front & sides it is so tender to the touchI would say the very center is the worse. I have not hit my head I've even stop perming my hair. also on my arms I sometimes feel lumps. could these be related? Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi!
The lumps on scalp cannot be a lymph node as scalp does not have any. . It can also be a localized collection of nerve and fibrous tissue called neurofibroma or it can be a localized contusion or a lipoma.
You probably suffer from seborrhagic dermatitis of scalp caused by a fungus residing in the skin called Malassezia furfur. This can cause multiple small lumps and generalized scalp tenderness. This is treated by lotions, creams or shampoos containing antifungals, anti-inflammatory drugs, something to decrease the sebum or keratolytic agents. The various agents used contain zinc, selenium, ketoconazole and clotrimazole. Keeping the scalp clean is very important. Sometimes Ultraviolet rays and phototherapy also helps. Please consult a skin specialist. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.

Oh thank you so much for ur post. I do believe your right. will go out and buy some medicated shampoo.