sharp recurring pain on left side of head near the ear
The pain last only for about 10-30 seconds. It is very sharp and painful. I will have an episode for about a week and then nothing for almost a year. Can anyone help with information. Thank you, in advance, for serious replies.
Do you have a history of injury to the head? How long has it gone on for?
Do you have a cell phone? I've been noticing this same thing. Tonight it was INTENSE. I was talking to my friend on my cell and suddenly it felt like my ear was stabbed with an icepick. The pain ran through my ear canal and up the left side of my head to the left top. Very quick and excruciating!. But now my ear is sore and my scalp is sore to the touch. This has been happening for a couple of years but not to THIS extreme. Funny, I just got a different cell phone with a lower SAR today. But I was on the old one tonight. My old phone has a SAR rating of 130. My new one has a SAR of just .47

A woman I know says her sister works for a surgeon who sees 2 cell phone related brain tumors a week. The tumor is always on the same side of the head that they use their cell phone on. Glad I got my new phone. Will see if that makes a difference. Ouch! there it goes AGAIN! So confusing. Maybe it's just an earache? But running up my head? Anyone find anything out - please post.

Karen

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have is probably temple pain. Headaches and pain in temple area can be due migraine. Tension headaches due to stress too affect the temple area.
Temporal arteritis, internal ear infection, TMJ and tooth decay can all cause a temple pain.
Infection in the eye, glaucoma, near and far sightedness and sinusitis are the other causes.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Take care!