Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
sore spot and little bleeding in 21/2yr crainotomy scar
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sore spot and little bleeding in 21/2yr crainotomy scar

i have been having trouble with sever headaches and a sore spot that pops up in my crainotomy scar. i had a crainotomy 2 1/2 yrs ago for a pituitary tumor 22mm. i have grandmal seizures and take 400mg dialintin a day. i was diagnosed with icepick migraines around the time my tumor was found. i get a very sore spot "feels raw" in my scar, it bleeds a little and clear drainage. it does this about every 3mnts and goes away after it drains. i had found and removed 3 stiches left in last year. do you think that a stich is there. my doc says for me to quit rubbing it. my migraines have changed alot. i now have a migraine daily. i have to sit in a quiet and dark place.my migraines get so bad my eye swells and waters. its all on just left side. the pain gets to a 10 + and all i can do is rub and squezze my hands together and end up at  er. when i get this type of migraine my temple swells also.i get so moody and throw up it feels as if my eye is on fire and something is poking it. i have a migraine daily but these come once a month. my tumor was in my optic nerve but all was removed and i now have 20/20 vision. what is going on with the spot in my scar? i had a mri with and without contrast last month and all clear. why am i having all this pain? please help..