Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
tension headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

tension headaches

Hello, I am concerned because 4 weeks ago I had a concussion from college hockey. We had base line test done prior to the season and these were all fine. There was no change in memory, reflexes, or balance. I was evaluated by three doctors who all said I was fine. The symptoms disappeared after 2 weeks but two days after tension headaches started to appear on the left side of head (where I was hit). They scheduled a CT scan. The results have not come back but its been two weeks so obviously nothing serious came up. This is a weird feeling. Like a tightness/pressure the presents either on the left side or the back of my head. I can feel my heartbeat sometimes there which is really annoying while I sleep. I cant drink alcohol because after one beer the headaches come back. The doctor has prescribed sleeping pills and muscle relaxants. These do work. The funny thing is that when I wake up the pressure/tightness is completely gone. I find that it builds up over the course of the day. Any help/suggestions would be great. I am a healthy 21 year old male. I do have a history of anxiety but this pressure/tightness just wont stop. Thanks.