Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
white matter foci in subcortical white matter
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

white matter foci in subcortical white matter

I had an mri done in june and they said I had several nonspecific white matter foci in the subcortical white matter, although these are not typical of the demyelinating plaques due to ms, they are somewhat prominent due to my age of 40, I really would like to hear an answer back, I am getting frustrated.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
White spots on MRI are seen in MS, microvascular disease (arteriosclerosis), some types of headaches, Alzhiemer’s disease, old age and even due to TBI. It is difficult to differentiate the white spots due to one disease from the white spots due to another. Patient history and other parameters are taken into consideration and co related with the MRI picture. If you have any symptoms then discuss this with a neurologist. Take care!

Blank
I WENT TO THE ER BECAUSE MY SPEECH WAS SLURRED.. THE FINDINF OR NOTE ON MY MRI WAS FOCI OF INCREASED SIGNAL IN DEEP PERVENTRICULAR WHITE MATTER CONCERNING FOR CHANGES OF DEMYELINATING DISEASE PROCESS AND MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS. DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND CAUSE THEY ALSO DID A SPINAL TAP AND TESTES CAME BACK NEGATIVE FOR MS. BUT SOME OF MY BLOOD TEST FOR ANA SCREEN CAME BACK POSITIVE FOR LUPUS. MY BODY BEEN VERY WEEK AND ALOT OF BURNING IN THE IN SIGN OF MY BODY. SO CONFUSED TOO.
Blank
What is white matter in the brain. Also what is foci, microangiopathic,
Blank
GOOD DAY .MY FATHER IS A PARKINSONS PATEINT FROM LAST 15 YEARS THE NEW MRI REPORT SHOWS Few tiny non-specific abnormal signal foci in subcortical white matter in bilateral frontal lobes. If there is history of headaches these may represent migraine spots.I NEED YOU HELP ACCORDING TO HIS TREATMENT
Blank
I have been having headaches on the right side of my head, with radiating pain into my right eye. I have a family history of strokes. so went to my doctor and had an MRI done. I have Subcortical white matter demyelination, mucoperiosteal thickening in the right sphenoid sinus.
What does that mean?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank