Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
wondering if this was concussion?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

wondering if this was concussion?

Hi, I'm hoping to have some knowledgable opinions on concussion. I hit my head enough to create a sore spot that I only noticed when my mother ran her fingers through my hair a day or two later. I had to think back on what could have caused that part of my head to be sore, Lol. The incident was that I was hunched over, standing underneath a stair case with hollow iron support beams. And I turned around, only for my head to hit one of these beams. I don't know with what force I hit my head, as far as I'm aware it was just a normal but quick motion to turn around. All I can say is that, it was a very loud noise to follow. I put away the hose I had in my hands and walked up the same stairs. I had hit the left side of my head. I was recovering from surgery at the time, so naturally I napped about an hour later, and when I woke up I watched a movie and had a pretty normal rest of the day, although I was a bit antisocial. The only thing I can recall as a sign of concussion in that time is noise sensitivity, but I was experiencing that anyway. That night though, I had a pretty immense panic attack. I understand anxiety is a common symptom of concussion, but I was very anxious anyway after having experienced my first elective surgery. The reason for this panic attack, I think, was that I was left at home alone at night for the first time after that surgery. The next day, I awoke feeling a little uneasy, and emotional after taking a phone call to call off a job interview I was looking foward to. I was depressed after this, and I was sensitive to other stresses that I might have needed to deal with. I can't recall any headaches, or dizziness. I had an apetite, although all I was doing was staying in bed watching movies and using the laptop. There was nothing really eventful until 4 days after when I experienced another emotional reaction towards someone that brought up a lot of pent up issues. I was uncontrollably upset, which was out of character. However, my memories of that night were okay, as I actually went to work. I was very tired after that though. The amount of information I've given is only in hopes of some accurate  opinions. I question whether I had a concussion and would really appreciate some input, as I might need this information for future reference. You really need to take note of ever having sustained a concussion in your life, so it's important for me to be certain that this was a concussion as I did not have any medical attention for it. Thank you very much.