Headaches Expert Forum
Expert Opinion Needed
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Expert Opinion Needed

No need for an examination for me, I have seen several nueuros and all physical office tests are normal.

Me 26 male, in shape very active otherwise healthy.

3 years ago developed left sided facial numbess like denist novicae. (no sharp paint just numb and tingling) No answer ever found.(3 mri's all normal, saw TN expert too) Did have tractor fall on my back 3 weeks before onset of numbness. It started instantly, with little breaks. Was on and off in intesntiy for 2 more years, last summer it got allot better to the point I could luve with it no bugging me.

On 8-27-09 out of nowhere I developed a migraine like headache with extreme photophobia. It was folowed by dizzyness the next day, king of like a migraine I guess. This has persisted nearly daily up to still now. Not really throbbing, more tension like, usually on both sides of head. Eyes always hurt, always photobia even inbetween headaches. confusion and blurry vision at times. most of pain is eyes. Some days are ok (4-5 per month) Seems like cycles at times. when really bad, some nasuea.

Multiple MRI's of brain this year all normal. MRA normal except absense of R verterbral artey, however prior CT angiogram showed this to just be congetinal hypoplasia small from birth. Neck mri with no dye normal. Spine MRI just looking for CSF fluid normal

spinal tap normal, except it took 1 hour 20 mins to get 13cc of fluid once the needle was in. This could have been because doc was new, maybe needle not in right.

Questions: due to time of LP, should I considered low pressure headache, or does normal mri's, age and rare thing, rule this out

If not, if I was your son, what other testing would you reccomend?

Yes headache gets better laying down, but all headache do. I ride a bike 5 miles day still, lifting weights make the headache worse, maybe leak releated?

-never had a headache before -no family history of migraine - huge family -headache was sudden onset