Headaches Expert Forum
Final question

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

Final question

As far as treatment if this is a primary headache disorder.

My doctor had gave me neurontin. I am only taking 400mg a day, but will work up to 600mg.

Is this an effective drug? Any opinion on it? How long do I need to take it for before I can decide if its working or not?

Any suggests on drugs to ask my doctor about if this does not work? Topomax (topamax) is out because I will not take it, it should be called Dopeamax, and Amatripaine or Elval is out also.

-Greg
Dear Friend,
Please find my answers -

You can take upto 800 mg of the same... But it will doesn't appears to solve your present problem.

This is an effective drug, for those who are having myelin issues, due to lack of the vitamin. Else it's like a placebo. The effectiveness of the drug can be appreciated after 2-3 months of continuous intake.

I will not be able tell you to take a particular drug as i am not allowed to do so, as i have not examined you physically.
However life style modification as well as Yoga would surely give you some benefit.
Regards..