Headaches Expert Forum
Headaches + Burping + Irregular Bowel Movement

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

I'm a 27 year old male. For the past 5 years I have been experiencing the following, in this order:
1. I wake up with a very minor headache.
2. As the day progresses I start burping more often
3. The headache intensifies
4. Bowel movement (I usually end up going 3 or 4 times.)
5. Once the bowel movement is completely over the headache dissipates.

This happens about once every week, not always with the same intensity though.

When I am experiencing this, I noticed that the stool is usually divided into little elongated chunks. I don't know how but I believe this is relevant to what I am going through.

I have been to 3 different doctors who have suggested that this due to constipation and that I should drink more water and eat more vegetables. Last time was 3 years ago. I do eat healthy (Vegetables and fruits) and do drink a lot of water, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. I even take Metamucil on a regular basis.

Any suggestions? I really don't know what I am supposed to do.
Dear Friend,
How are you doing presently? Are you under any sort of stress?
You might have an intolorence to a certain fruit or veggie your eating. You say you drink a lot of water but do you also drink other things? What i'm asking is do you mix the healthy food and drink with unhealthy food and drink? Do you have any other symptoms, shortness of breath, foggy headed, acid reflux, anxiety?
google thyramine intolorence. that might give some answers.