Headaches Expert Forum
Long lasting headache

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

Long lasting headache

Hi, I really need to get an expert's opinion on this as it's causing me a great deal of worry.

While I was lying in bed last Sunday night I suddenly got a very strong headache on the right side of my head (the left side felt fine) which lasted for maybe 2 or 3 minutes before subsiding. For the week since this has happened, I've had a dull ache on the right side of my head (not really an intense pain, more a feeling as if someone were pressing down on my head) as well as getting an occasional tingling feeling in my right hand and fingers. It hasn't effected my ability to work or go about my life; sometimes it can lessen to the extent where it barely registers; but I've always been aware that it is there.

I am a 24 year old male, 6"2 and maybe a little overweight although not obese. Do you have any idea what this might be?
  • dull ache?? (4 replies):
    i have had a dull ache behind my left eye in my left tem...[more]
Dear Friend,
Well it appears to be -
1) Mild symptom of "Stroke" or
2) Sudden Posture related unwanted movements.

Since it has not affected any of your sensory as well as motor system, we should not be worrying too much. Hence, please book up an appointment with a radiologist, for getting the CT scan done at your convinient timings. This will help us to know, if there is any probability of stroke (present or not).

Regarding medicines, i will not be able to advice you the same presently and it's not recomended also. Except for the CT scan of the brain, we don't need any other investigation presently.

However if you need any further information, please let me know