Headaches Expert Forum
Severe Headache
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Severe Headache

My wife is 39 years old and in good health. About 3 days ago she experienced a sudden severe headache in the right temple area. Blurred/lost vision, black outs, and vomiting shortly followed. She has had it occur several times a day since, with exception of the vomiting. She also complained of lost motor skills; for example, she was helping our young daughter with home work and could not write or print letters or numbers. Each time she gets this pain, her ears ring,  she has trouble seeing, especially in the right eye. It usually gets better within 2-5min
. I am extremely concerned as I cannot get her to go get checked by a doctor as she "does not believe in doctors". (she believed in them when our 4 kids were born, believe me ). Please advise me as to what I should do.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Tell her to do this pranayam daily, twice a day, and let me know how she feels after 3 days.Continue the pranayam once a day for life after you are better, as the symptoms will come back, if  you stop the pranayam.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.

Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times
February 13 ,2011
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...