Headaches Expert Forum
headaches
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

headaches

Hello, I am concerned because 4 weeks ago I had a concussion from college hockey. We had base line test done prior to the season and these were all fine. There was no change in memory, reflexes, or balance. I was evaluated by three doctors who all said I was fine. The symptoms disappeared after 2 weeks but two days after tension headaches started to appear on the left side of head (where I was hit). They scheduled a CT scan. The results have not come back but its been two weeks so obviously nothing serious came up. This is a weird feeling. Like a tightness/pressure the presents either on the left side or the back of my head. I can feel my heartbeat sometimes there which is really annoying while I sleep. I cant drink alcohol because after one beer the headaches come back. The doctor has prescribed sleeping pills and muscle relaxants. These do work. The funny thing is that when I wake up the pressure/tightness is completely gone. I find that it builds up over the course of the day. Any help/suggestions would be great. I am a healthy 21 year old male. I do have a history of anxiety but this pressure/tightness just wont stop. Thanks.