Headaches Expert Forum
severe head pain when coughing

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

severe head pain when coughing

This can't even be classified as a headache its an instantanious sharp stabbing pain that feels relatively deep inside the brain. I've even talked to a very top lever neurologist about it. H said there are no nerves inside the brain, that any feeling has to come from the membrain around the brain or between the membrain and the skull. Ant thoughts? This is scary I've even wonders anurism but there were brain scans done 3 years ago and nothing of that indication. It's almost like the doctors shrub their shoulders.  I'm very much into alternative and do not seek doctors for much of anythings. So, I am not over reacting. I keep wondering "What has to happen do I have to pass out do I have to call 911 end up in a comma or what? I know try to bend over put my head down as far as possibe, grab it and brace myself when a cough is coming on, I know with pollens and molds this season and my respritory alergy (allergy) issues and sinus problems (and my smoking issues that have to end) those might be the only things that might lessen the coughing.      HEP     Mark
Dear Mark,
I would like to know, how was the situation, 3 years back, when you did your MRI brain.
Do let me know.
Also, did you ever visited some ENT specialist?
Regards