Health Care Reform Community
Medicaid for International Students?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE HEALTH CARE REFORM COMMUNITY: This Community is a place to share ideas, success stories and constructive, respectful discussions about how to improve the delivery of quality health care to all patients in need.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Medicaid for International Students?

Hi all,

I come one year ago in USA in order to start my PhD in ME. My term is starting this August but I recently found out that I am 2 months pregnant, which is the best thing ever for me. I have visited 20 hospitals in Northern Virginia and nobody want to accept me. Furthermore, they tell me I am not qualified for Medicaid and my student health insurance, which will start on August 20, consider my condition pre-existing. So far I have been visiting private clinics but they are really expensive. Does anybody have some experience or suggestion...I would appreciate.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414 tn?1288944902
  It appears you would likely not be eligible for Medicaid:
http://socialservicesinfo.pbworks.com/w/page/17096009/International%20and%20Immigrant%20Eligibility
As regards your student health insurance it would depend on the specifics of their eligibility criteria. Find out if you could appeal the denial of coverage.
Blank
Thank you for advice I'll give a try...this is my last hope.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Health Care Reform Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...