Sneaky Rises in Costs
Have any of you noticed that many of the tier one medicines have been reassigned to tier two? This is very serious. A co-pay that may have cost $20 may now cost $200. The multiples vary.
It might be as health care costs in general rise that this might be one way to keep the specific costs at the same level without changing the overall policy. Medications that are tier one are generally medications that are specifically FDA approved for a certain use and also are the most commonly used medications. I am not aware of any specific regulations that would require which medications be in tier one and tier two and that may vary from one insurance plan to another.
It is Medicare that assigns the tiers. My husband is on standard diabetes medication, nothing out of the ordinary, or esoteric. Almost all of his meds are now tier 2.
Yes that would affect many people and I would need to know about it for myself as well. I do know that the Medicare Rights Center would have more information for a start and also tracks any overall concerns regarding Medicare and when able to tries to address them.
And how would that affect the horrendous new prescription costs? We are told of the advantages of the new Health Care. This is the lie of omission.
Yes two of my meds went up to tier 2 and it's absolutely wrecking my finances.  Trying to budget but everything is so much worse now, really upset with all of this.  Even had to take out some http://www.*****.org last month because I just can't make ends meet anymore :(
Yes i have noticed it for a quite a long time... here is infographics on how medical service expenses has gone up over the last few years and its effects.
http://www.****.com/medical-identity-theft-infographic-article.htm