Health Insurance Expert Forum
♥ Pre-existing condition (Cardiac)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

♥ Pre-existing condition (Cardiac)

Hello.
How much extra cost it it for Long-QT without symptoms (a cardiac syndrome)?

My family and I are about to be relocated from the UK to California, and I have concerns regarding the medical insurance costs.
My wife has a relatively-common cardiac syndrome called "long QT syndrome". It doesn't affect her day-to-day life.
I wonder how much extra cost that will put on our medical insurance premiums, deductibles etc. (Private HMO plan)
I was told that the actual cost will be quoted only after the insurance company's physician will review her case.
Nevertheless I'm afraid that the extra cost might be so high that our entire relocation might not worth it. It puts a very high financial risk which I currently cannot estimate its scale: will it be an extra of $200/month (bearable) or $2,000/month (game-changer!)?
In addition will we be charged extra for being a new comers to the USA? If so - in what scale?
I do have a US employee, but he covers only a small portion of the premium ~$200.
Many thanks :)
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979