Health Insurance Expert Forum
Annual Deductible??????
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Annual Deductible??????

hello, i don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but i am applying for health insurance and i had questions about the 'annual deductible'. Is this something i have to pay before i get coverage? or how does this work out? It's a temporary health plan by the way (6 months) with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. So Could anyone possibly explain this deductible to me please?
3 Comments
Blank
282113_tn?1388163349
Dear jaime310,

Generally speaking, a health plan consists of a number benefits such as office visit, lab work, medications, etc. Some may be subject to a deductible & co-insurance (the portion of t he bills covered after deductible) and others at a flat co-pay; but with most short term plans, you will have to pay for all covered benefits until your deductible is met. Before meeting your deductible, you will be entitled to pre-negotiated, discounted rates on all covered benefits, if you use a contracted provider. So the short answer is yes!

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie
Blank
ok and one more question, i am having abdominal pains/discomforts. this has been going on for about three weeks but i don't know what to do because i do not have health insurance. if i buy this short term coverage will i have to pay the full deductible before i can go see a doctor to tell me what's wrong with me? thank you
Blank
Hello! If you are having ab pains/discomforts before applying for an insurance plan, it is a possibility that the insurance company will either exclude covering your ab problems or charge you more. you see, insurance does not work the way that you find there is a problem so you pay a small amount of premium and so you get huge benefits.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979