Health Insurance Expert Forum
COBRA running out....
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

COBRA running out....

Hello,
I taught middle school for the last 20 years and was always blessed with health insurance.  In Sept 2008, I resigned from teaching to care for my terminally ill brother in another state.  I have been paying for COBRA insurance since then but it is suppose to be terminated in Feb. 2010.  I am enrolled in a technical school as a full time student and will not graduate until Aug 2010.  I have MS and have monthly infusions of tysabri (6,000 a pop) and cannot go 6 months without health insurance.  I am having trouble finding coverage for this 6 month period.  Can you tell me the options available to me?  Any assistance would greatly be appreciated!