Health Insurance Expert Forum
DONUT HOLE IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

DONUT HOLE IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM

Hello: Just like there is a "donut hole" in regard to medicare prescription coverage, I have the same type of issue for out-patient emergency room visits. I expect to be treated by non-participating (out-of-network) doctors. I want to bridge the gap by a supplemental coverage policy that will cover the difference between participating and non-participating medical providers specifically related to E.R. (non-elective) expensive operations. I am covered for lab tests, CT's, etc. Otherwise, I am satisfied with my existing coverage. Any specific ideas out there?