Health Insurance Expert Forum
Did the doctor rob me?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Did the doctor rob me?

An oral surgeon charged me more for wisdom teeth extractions than his negotiated rate with my insurance company.  I found out when I got the explanation of benefits from my insurer.  Can he do that?  Is it possible for me to recover the difference?
282113_tn?1388163349
Dear jdemma,

Whether your provider can charge you a higher price that his contracted (negotiated) rate depends on the terms and conditions of his contract with your insurer.

The only way you can find out about this particular term is to contact your insurer and ask them that question directly. This will get you the information you need & inform them at the same time if their contracted provider in breaching his contract.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie
2 Comments
Blank
Were there any extra things involved? Like anaesthetic? Always remember to read the terms and conditions carefully. What you have been told might not be the same as what the signed contract says.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979