Health Insurance Expert Forum
In network facility

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

In network facility

We had this problem more than once while with our previous insurance company.  My husband had a procedure done and the facility was in network, but later we found out that the pathology lab and radiology lab were both out of network which we had no control over I have been told in the past that since this was the case that these should also be paid under our in network benefits.  In the other case the facility was contracted but for some reason none of there dr.'s seem to be and so they are all being paid out of net.  Not quite sure how that works.   Any help would be appreciated really feeling jerked around by the insurance company.