Health Insurance Expert Forum
Is there help for an uninsured student whom is in need of surgery?

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

I am a 35 year old injured health care student that is about to graduate and I am incapable of performing treatments on my patients.  I injured myself 2 years ago and ruptured my chest muscle from my upper arm bone.  Surgery is avalible to repair it.  I have been qouted from $9,000 in the U.K. to $20,000 here in the States.  I was not insured at the time of the injury nor now.  Its pre-existing so insurance will not cover it (im assuming).  Im $220,000 in debt with my education and unable to perform my future career!  Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you