Health Insurance Expert Forum
New to health insurance

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

New to health insurance

So I'm about to get health insurance for the first time, soon. I had a quick question about smoking. I've only smoked for the past month or so, ever in my life. Maybe had 6 or 7 packs total. I've since quit and won't be continuing it. Nasty habit. Now, I don't want to be charged outrageous premiums for smoking but I also don't want to lie on my application either. By the time I apply and test, I'm sure I won't have any traces in my system anymore, but would I still be charged as a smoker just for saying I HAVE smoked? Even if I no longer do and there are no traces in my system? I realize not lying on the application is the right thing to do, I just don't want to be penalized for a past decision that I no longer do.
Your lungs start the healing process 8 hrs after your last cigarette. At that amazing rate...the doc wont find out that you smoked since you already quit and everything. If you want to save money dont mention the smoking at all on the application.
that's true. you've already quit smoking. also check prudential life for more information.
You should quit smoking as much as possible. And part of that change and discipline go for health insurance because I'm pretty sure you'll be needing it soon. So if I we're you, I will rush for it now. Healthy insurance is a bit costly. but hey, health is wealth. You should not take risk about your health before anything else. You can pay your health insurance premium with an installment loan.