Health Insurance Expert Forum
Not insured, injured

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Not insured, injured

My fiancé injured himself playing basketball a few weeks ago. We are going into the dr. For MRI results today. So far, we have had to pay everything out of pocket, as he has no health insurance. We are currently estimating medical costs at $1200, and then losses of about $2000 since he hasn't been able to work since the 9th. We filed for disability, but sadly don't qualify for low income health plans because when he is able to work, he makes too much money.

I fear that in the instance we need further treatment for his knee, we won't be able to seek treatment because he is uninsured and no insurance will take us on now that this is a preexisting condition.

Even if you do have an insurance or not, hospitals tend to give you proper care. Naturally, they will bill later so you'll need to make payment arrangements. These bills is sometimes high and is difficult to pay. A [url=https://personalmoneynetwork.com/payday-loans/]payday cash loan[/url] can help you pay for them if you do not have enough money right now. Do not wait to get to the hospital if it is an emergency for you or somebody close just due to money. Life is more important.
$1200 for an MRI seems low. Before my insurance adjusted the amount my hospital billed me the several thousands of dollars.

There is a waiting period for SSD of at least 6 months maybe 1 year. I can't remember. But its often denied and you have to go through a lengthy process of appeals. I my case it took 3 years. Hopefully you are talking about private disability insurance.

Most hospitals will work on reducing the amount billed and setting up a payment plan. Talk to them.

If you can wait until 2014 when Affordable Healthcare Act in in full affect you won't have to worry about preexisting conditions. Just hope that insurance is indeed affordable as the Act has claimed it purpose is.

Good luck.
Health insurance is no different than life insurance. If you wait until you need it, it's too late.