Health Insurance Expert Forum
Pre-existing condition and changing jobs

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

I had a lapse in health insurance when unemployed, so i have a pre-existing condition for breast cancer tthat has applied to my insurance since October 1, 2009. I have currently gotten a new job that will have my insurance change to another provider on September 1 of 2010 (11 months through my wait period for re-covering anything pertaining to BC). Will my new insurance be able to add another 12 month waiting period for a pre-existing, or does the 11 months that i have already waited be carried over? This is moving from BCBSIL to BCBSFL.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!