Health Insurance Expert Forum
Pre-existing conditions and LOOPHOLES to get insurance

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

I was just thinking about something.  I have several big time pre-existing conditions.  There's no possible way any private insurer will accept me as an individual plan.   The loophole I'm speaking of is the fact that if you allready have insurance, and switch insurance then they can't legally deny you coverage, and even coverage for your pre existing conditions.   So, if someone like me gets a job which provides major medical coverage, and as soon as the coverage begins through the employer, they then switch to a private individual plan with another company and quits the job.    Am I onto something here?
If the insurance comes through a job as a group plan you can't be denied coverage.
What's sad is the amount of tap-dancing people have to do in order to acquire or keep any semblance of decent health care in this country. That's what struck me about your post.

People keep shitty jobs so they don't lose their health care. Or maybe they'd love to be self-employed, but they know they can't afford the health care. In other words, the lack of health care inhibits many Amerikans from  realizing their full potential in their careers, their creativity, and, ultimately, their happiness.

Single-payer would solve your problem, as well as myriad others. Just extend Medicare so everybody has it. It's not rocket science.

Best of luck with your situation. I feel for you. There is absolutely no reason why you should have to "think up" all of these permutations yourself or be put in a position of being denied coverage because of any  health problems you have.  What a travesty that is.
I totally understand what you are talking about. My husband is self employed and I was working to keep our family covered with insurance,  But it got to where my pay was only covering the insurance and day care for my kids.  

My husband was doing some research and found a plan that was way cheaper and it would allow me to pull my kids out of day care and stay home and with gas prices that was a savings in its self.

If I understand it correctly, the plan is not insurance but every time we go to the doctors instead of paying the 25.00 co-pay we pay 45.00 so we get a discount from the doctors bill. The monthly rate is 60.00 for the whole family and that covers us for everything like doctors,dentist,glasses,prescription.  We were paying 900.00 a month for insurance so we put that back into our budget. and because we put so much back into our budget paying an extra 15.00 to go to the doctors was no big deal to us.

My husband is very smart about things like this I believe he said the website link is www.ConsumerCareUSA.com

I hope this helps.