Health Insurance Expert Forum
Recent labwork

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Recent labwork

I had a blood test a week or so ago and my glucose results say "Not valid due to Glycolys".  What does this mean?
Also, my urine test contained red blood cells, at 5 HPF.  I know this is abnormal, but is it something to worry about?
-9 Comments
Are you sure the glucose didn't say due to "Hemolysis" - if so - that is when the red cells burst and they can't use the sample, b/c the glucose value would be unnaturally sky high.  Just ask the doctor if you can have it repeated - it shouldn't be an issue.

As for the urine:  5 could be normal for females - especially around the time of your period.  You don't specify if you are male or female.