Health Insurance Expert Forum
Will my insurance cover personal fitness training?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Will my insurance cover personal fitness training?

I have blue cross personal blue plan.Is there any way I can get it to pay for personal fitness training at 35 dollars a half hour.The personal training that I  would go to is at a Health club owned by a hospital. I do not want physical therapy I want personal fitness training such as cardio and weights.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Alot of the Blues are now covering part of the cost of health clubs.  As for your trainer, I'm guessing they will only pay if it is prescribe by a physician.  Same goes for your FSA -- they will pay for some of that stuff if it is prescribed by a physician, not for general health but for a specific issue.

Best, though, to call the number on the back of your insurance card to make sure.  Also, does your employer have a wellness program?

http://www.healthharbor.com
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank