Health Insurance Expert Forum
Will my insurance cover personal fitness training?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Will my insurance cover personal fitness training?
I have blue cross personal blue plan.Is there any way I can get it to pay for personal fitness training at 35 dollars a half hour.The personal training that I  would go to is at a Health club owned by a hospital. I do not want physical therapy I want personal fitness training such as cardio and weights.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Alot of the Blues are now covering part of the cost of health clubs.  As for your trainer, I'm guessing they will only pay if it is prescribe by a physician.  Same goes for your FSA -- they will pay for some of that stuff if it is prescribed by a physician, not for general health but for a specific issue.

Best, though, to call the number on the back of your insurance card to make sure.  Also, does your employer have a wellness program?

http://www.healthharbor.com
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now