Health Insurance Expert Forum
hospital - liens- what now
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hospital - liens- what now

In 2004 I was in an accident. I was sent to a local hospital, they sent me to a trauma center.
I spent 10 days there. I had no insurance at the time. Before I made it home the first hospital had a lien against me. I applied for charity program at the trauma center, and the doctor I was seeing there said that I was able to work so they denied me and put a lien on me. The liens were not property liens, only if I recieve money. I suffered a broke neck in the accident. I have not been able to work, and have applied for disability.  So what can I do about the liens? If I do win my disability case, they will take all of my back time and then some. I need this. I asked my attorney if the insurance will go back to the date of the accident. He said it is up to the judge. I have thought about bankruptcy but that costs money.
What do I do?