Health Insurance Expert Forum
need help

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

need help
does anyone answer these questions.i'm new to this forum and i see peoples posts from a week ago with no response,whats going on, and i mean that in a good way
Dear steveo08,

I did read your post on "health ins.in buffalo ny" & wanted to do some more research before I responded to you. So I am going to share what I already know & will follow up with you if/when I learn more.

NY (especially upstate) is a tough market for obtaining Individual and/or Family health insurance. That is because NY is a) a guaranteed issue state, which means no one can be declined based on their health history & b) community rated which means all residents of one area pay the same for a plan regardless of their age. Under the circumstances you need to decide if spending the $1000 is the best course of action or can you go with a less expensive plan that covers fewer benefits. GHI offers a rather catastrophic PPO plan that covers hospital stay, surgeries and prescription medications, but doesn’t pay for office visits. You might think, why would I buy insurance if it doesn’t pay for office visits? Well that’s what you have to decide whether it makes more sense to spend $1000 month & have your office visits covered or would you rather spend $388 a months & pay for those visits out of pocket. The details of the GHI Alliance Value plan can be found through a link to eHealthIsnurance.com under “Get Quotes” on this Forum & you can call eHealth & speak to a licensed rep with any questions about the plan.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie