Health Insurance Expert Forum
need help
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

need help

does anyone answer these questions.i'm new to this forum and i see peoples posts from a week ago with no response,whats going on, and i mean that in a good way
Related Discussions
282113_tn?1388163349
Dear steveo08,

I did read your post on "health ins.in buffalo ny" & wanted to do some more research before I responded to you. So I am going to share what I already know & will follow up with you if/when I learn more.

NY (especially upstate) is a tough market for obtaining Individual and/or Family health insurance. That is because NY is a) a guaranteed issue state, which means no one can be declined based on their health history & b) community rated which means all residents of one area pay the same for a plan regardless of their age. Under the circumstances you need to decide if spending the $1000 is the best course of action or can you go with a less expensive plan that covers fewer benefits. GHI offers a rather catastrophic PPO plan that covers hospital stay, surgeries and prescription medications, but doesn’t pay for office visits. You might think, why would I buy insurance if it doesn’t pay for office visits? Well that’s what you have to decide whether it makes more sense to spend $1000 month & have your office visits covered or would you rather spend $388 a months & pay for those visits out of pocket. The details of the GHI Alliance Value plan can be found through a link to eHealthIsnurance.com under “Get Quotes” on this Forum & you can call eHealth & speak to a licensed rep with any questions about the plan.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie

Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank