Health Insurance Expert Forum
tired of pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tired of pain

I am single mom with no insurance and am attending college.  I need surgery on my back and neck which have slipped discs and have been killing me for several years.  Now to add to this I think I might have a hernia.  My stomach is enlarged and is hurting me.  It took 4 months to get an appointment with a GI doctor who told me I would need $400 up front for the test, which I do not have. I can't take this anymore and neither can my 9 yr old daughter.  If I get health insurance how long will it take before I can use it or would I be considered a medical emergency.