Health Insurance Expert Forum
tired of pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

tired of pain

I am single mom with no insurance and am attending college.  I need surgery on my back and neck which have slipped discs and have been killing me for several years.  Now to add to this I think I might have a hernia.  My stomach is enlarged and is hurting me.  It took 4 months to get an appointment with a GI doctor who told me I would need $400 up front for the test, which I do not have. I can't take this anymore and neither can my 9 yr old daughter.  If I get health insurance how long will it take before I can use it or would I be considered a medical emergency.
1 Comment
Dear loviemama,

Under the new law, you should qualify for insurance for people with pre-existing conditions, considering the fact that you are currently without insurance. I recommend you visit the new website www.healthcare.gov to find information on programs in your state.

If you enroll in the right plan, you will not have to go through any waiting period to get treatment.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie