Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Rest Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
1 pounds tomato(es), plum, ripe, cored, (about 4-5)
2 teaspoon oil, olive, extra virgin, divided
1 pounds chicken, breast, boneless, skinless, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 large onion, white, finely chopped (about 1.5 cups)
2 clove(s) garlic, very finely chopped
2 medium pepper(s), jalapeno, seeded and very finely chopped
2 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
4 medium scallion(s) (green onions), chopped
12 medium tortilla(s), corn, warmed
1/4 cup(s) sour cream, reduced-fat, for garnish
2 medium lime(s), cut into quarters
1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place tomatoes in the skillet and turn occasionally with tongs until charred on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Cut in half crosswise; squeeze to discard seeds. Chop the remaining pulp and skins; set aside.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan and heat over high heat until the oil is very hot. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeños and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
4. Add lime juice and the reserved chicken and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and stir in cilantro and scallions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
5. Spoon filling into warm tortillas, roll up and serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
From Hollywood stars to your yoga teacher, it seems that everyone swears by a detox diet. But does it actually work? And is it even healthy? Cardiologist and weight loss expert James Beckerman, MD, weighs in
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.