Healthy Cooking Community
Coffee, Tea, and other liquids...

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Coffee, Tea, and other liquids...

Where do I enter these in the diet/nutrition tracker? I think it would help me to cut back on some of the unhealthy drinks if I could see it's nutritional value, or non value, weekly. I just don't know how to enter it!!! Help!?
Tags: tea, other, Nutrition, would like to get bequid, Helping, Diet and Exercise, Coffee
I saw on a show once.. that a cup of black coffee was 15 calories. I have one of those diet trackers too, but have only used it once (good for you for being so proactive and diligent!).

I would limit yourself to a cup of coffee a day (if you can't give it up). Probably the worst thing about coffee and some teas is the caffeine for it's diuretic and bloating effects. Dehydration is not the way to lose weight.

But! you can get antioxidants and other good stuff from coffee and teas alike. In particular, you don't have to eliminate herbal teas. Herbal tea is naturally caffeine free, very few calories from my understanding if you keep it black, and usually has many antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, etc. in it. A good choice for herbal tea with tons of benefits is rooibos tea. It's been touted to help with weight loss and skin issues.

Sorry I can't be much help for the adding it into the tracker, but I hope the other information I gave is useful. Good luck on your weight loss!